Monday, April 5, 2010

In the Moment

Here's a glimpse of light if you are in a dark tunnel and can't see the light flickering or the end.

Life has been amazing since I began implementing the mentality of putting God first and staying in His will. I can't tell you that life has been easy, I have faced many challenges and personal missteps but God has delivered me into the hands of victory.

The irony is that we already have victory in Jesus, but for whatever reason it is hard to walk there in. Why is it easier to accept defeat but we can bask in the beauty of winning.

Well, my personal fault is my inability to accept God's favor. It is a tremendous honor to be highly regarded by God because the question of everyday will be why??? Who is God that He is mindful of me, thinking of me when I call on Him. Who is this God that forgives me, loves me and blesses me beyond measure when I don't deserve any of his kindness?

I submit to you that God is a God of more than enough, in abundance does He shower down and rain on the just and unjust. What a mighty God, I serve. I'm not religious because I believe in the magnanimity of God. I fervently believe in the words of Jesus: man should not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Living by every word God speaks requires that you talk to Him daily, constantly. God loves conversations and so do I... we are both quite talkative. I advocate relationship over religion because there is sooooooo much more to know about God through revelations. When you seek His way you find completion in peace that comes only when you lean not to your own understanding.

It really irks me when people are looking for God as if He is something or someone you can lose. God is everywhere and He can meet you wherever you are... I am also unnerved when people blame God.

The interesting thing about Him and the only certainty that we can enjoy is that God CAN NOT LIE, the world is the way it is because He said "if my people who are called by my name (believers) who turn from their wicked ways, I WILL heal the land.... (let that marinate)

I had to sit down and figure out what are the things that aren't of God that are hard for me to give up?? Those are my imperfections but in the scope of God's hand of perfection, I am flawless. We have to actively seek our purpose for being created and walk their in. Life is hard enough trying to figure that out, let alone our need to belong and compare ourselves to others.

It is God's spirit that is the sustainer and the giver of all life.. so how should we live?? The answer is simple stay in the moment.... if God is the same today, yesterday and forevermore, even He stays in the moment.

We shouldn't worry about things because God already has everything in control. Our job is to make decisions that are literally life and death choices. If you want to walk around daily then don't enjoy life, if you want to live don't let anything kill your spirit.

Is it really that simple, yes it is.. we make life more complicated because we don't allow God to shoulder the gray area....anything you can't understand is God! My grandmother would say in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path!

Learn to live in the moment and walk in the path of victory God has ordained for your life. I have come to enjoy riding shotgun with God because He is the best driver, He loves to take scenic routes just to show off His miracles.

Stay in the moment and enjoy the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment