Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Barren Land: unproductivity

Okay, so this blogging thing has its appeal. Hopped on the keys momentarily, and got bored again. Which brings me to the importance of Spring Break. I recently completed my Leadershape internship; it was successful *pats self on the back*. However, all of the adrenaline and positive interactions with my LEADS and PC, have faded. The true exertion on my body has hit me like a brick wall. I am exhausted and mentally checked out. This place is unfamiliar to me, and I am trying to navigate myself through this barren land of unproductivity.

My first recital is next week, but there is no excitement in it at the current moment. I am hoping that the day will fly by with moderate success. I can get through the piece but there are parts of me that want to make it my own. I think, subconsciously, my defiance is hurting me more than it is helping. But again, that is typical me... asshole first! You know priorities, to thine own self be true.. moreover: I think therefore I am.

Moving back to the main road, I need to kick something into high gear without overheating the engine. I am sleep deprived and unmotivated, yet serenely focused... I know that makes absolutely no sense at all but what can I say: I am quite the contradiction.

In case you are wondering, the recital is this Sunday in the Foy Recital Hall... the time not exactly sure but I will be there fashionably present and ready to share Schumann's Kinderszennen, Op 15, XII Kind im Einschlummern

check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I89804v2Rw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment