Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Day the Earth Stood Still

The shopaholic in me recently has become terminally ill and is in need of a transplant. Am I the only one who goes on a shopping trip with money to blow, only to ride home unfulfilled? What is going on with the world of fashion and its once burgeoning trickle down affect. There was a time when you could have the fashion of the celebs for a fraction of the price. But even our stars of today look a HOT HAWAIIN MISSION TRIP TO THE SUB-SAHARAN DESERT mess! I won't even begin to run down the running list, but I am quite sure that you all know who they are!

I am frustrated, mainly on the basis that I always stress: I AM A GOT_DAMN INDIVIDUAL. I don't want to look like everyone else! Just make quality pieces. And that is a shot to whoever is design or purchasing for the middle class retail stores!

I was once told that the lack of creativity in one area stunts the growth of all other industries... I guess the music world and these bogus Hollywood screenwriters need to get it together! I need FASHION, it was once my life.. but I have reclused to vintage tees and skinny jeans... I'm fly but I need to be flyer than I have ever been! Give me FASHION or GIVE ME DEATH...

So the Earth is standing still. ALOT of people are well dressed but you all look alike! I need a change up cuz we are looking at the death of innovation! The fabrics of our lives are unraveling with uninspired, poor quality pieces! As long as there is a God in the heavens something inspirational can become! Pray to God for some sort of creativity because I am touching and agreeing, hoping that I can shop til I drop again: yes even in a recession! I works hard for my monties! lol

So I am waiting on this transplant, this intervention of the fashion dieties! Send us a revival... and let it begin with me!

Girl w/ the RedChucks

No comments:

Post a Comment